50 Fashion Blogger Problems
If you have found your way to this post it’s for one of two reasons. 1) You are an innocent bystander wondering what’s the deal behind fashion blogging, or 2) You are a fashion blogger looking for a laugh (but really to see if other girls struggle as hard as you sometimes). The world of fashion blogging can be very demanding. As we all know, Instagram and blog posts are the primped and polished final product of what can seem an endless struggle. Trust me, there is A LOT that goes on between conception and the final post. Imagine a wedding cake. You see it in it’s final form; in all of it’s glory. What you don’t see is all of the flour on the floor and walls, icing in the baker’s hair and broken egg shells scattered around. To me that is a prime example of the behind-the-scenes glamour of blogging. In this post I’m serving up 50 problems that all fashion bloggers can relate to.
Tell me in the comments below, what numbers are your favorites? What fashion blogger fails do you have to contribute?
1. When you stalk the mailman so hard he is contemplating a restraining order.
2. When you finish shooting and notice you had your black hair tie on your wrist the entire time.
3. When you last-minute paint your nails before a shoot, and realize you still have to get dressed with wet nails. Challenge accepted.
4. Wind – it can either be your best friend or worst enemy.
5. The panic that sets in when your photo shoot is Sunday and your delivery containing your outfit is scheduled for Monday.
6. That feeling when none of your 8 pairs of black pumps match your look.
7. That feeling when your Instagram husband tells you, “NO I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR PICTURES ANYMORE.”
8. The awkward feeling when pedestrians stop and stare at you while you’re striking a pose.
9. When it’s 105 degrees outside and you’re shooting in cashmere and jeans.
10. The devastation that overwhelms you when you’re editing pictures and there is an ugly leaf next to your shoe, but you can’t Photoshop it out.
11. The struggle of always having dog or cat hair on your clothes no matter how many sticky rolly things you go through.
12. When fake laughing, which generally gets cute pictures, turns into manic laughing, which isn’t so cute.
13. When you are drafting your blog post and your computer crashes. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo!
14. The reality that 90% of the time when you aren’t blogging or shooting you are in sweatpants.
15. The frustration that ensues when your pet won’t sit still for the damn photo.
16. When you can’t troubleshoot WordPress and you freak out. Then you just leave the issue as is, hoping it fixes itself.
17. That horrible feeling when you get the product and you actually hate it…
18. Demanding that your Instagram husband orders pretty food only for the sake of your flatlay.
19. Picking up trash in order to clean up the frame for your picture. Oh and, you know, saving the planet.
20. Getting asked to leave a museum because you broke the “no photo” rule. The things we do for Instagram.
21. When your hair just. won’t. behave.
22. Two words: unwarranted photobombers.
23. That stressful feeling when even Photoshop can’t save your bad pictures. It’s okay, just throw another filter on it. It will be okay… I hope.
24. When your aesthetics are not on fleek.
25. The tormenting argument between your heart and credit card when shopping for new clothes.
26. Having glowing skin for weeks leading up to a big shoot, and then the morning of having a “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” zit.
27. When you forget how to pose and your pictures are just you… standing there…
28. When your forced “natural smile face” actually looks quite demonic. And your Instagram husband doesn’t hesitate to tell you.
29. The stress when your Instagram feed does not flow like the Nile.
30. When the food isn’t pretty enough for the Instagram picture you were planning.
31. That shameful feeling when you realize you forgot to put on lipstick until after the shoot is over.
32. When 25 out of 30 pictures are fails of you talking and/or making ugly faces.
33. During the entire time of the photo shoot your skirt was bunched up or your hair was going crazy, and your Instagram husband didn’t care to tell you.
34. Wearing sunglasses as part of your ‘look’ because you had zero motivation to put on eye makeup.
35. When you’re wearing a pencil skirt and you have a big pooch and tiny butt. And absolutely no vice versa.
36. The full-on freakout that ensues when you realize you have lipstick on your teeth after a shoot.
37. When your entire closet is on the floor and you are crying because you have nothing to wear.
38. Having “Anchorman” syndrome, where you have clothes on from the waist up to be on camera, but you have no pants on.
39. When you find a perfect spot to shoot and then a million people show up. Damn you tourists!
40. Ignorance is bliss when you go Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods JUST to snap pictures of flowers for Instagram that you may or may not actually purchase. But, probably not.
41. And then when you actually buy the flowers you have a black thumb and kill them all prior to the shoot.
42. That feeling when people ask why you only have one thumb nail painted and you have to explain that you needed a good shot holding a product…. And you were too lazy to paint all your nails. Hey! at least you’re honest!
43. When having an “Instagram Husband” is the leading cause of divorce in fashion blogging.
44. When the Instagram filters just don’t deliver.
45. That feeling when you send out an email to a brand and realize you had a major grammar error. Eeeek!
46. When you can’t suck it in because your body can’t handle the “full body flex” any longer since you ate a large meal before your photo shoot.
47. The hilarious pictures you flip through because you looked really bad while posing to take a bite of your food. Let’s face it, nobody looks cute while they are eating.
48. The devastation you feel when blogger girls in your Instagram chat groups spoil the Bachalorette episode you haven’t watched yet.
49. When there is one small sliver of shadow for you to stand in, but it doesn’t cover your entire body. Alas, unfortunate over-saturation.
50. And last but not least:
Thank you to these lovely blogger ladies who helped contribute to this post. Check out their blogs here: