In the words of the Rihanna herself, “Fenty Beauty was created for everyone: for all women of all shades, personalities, attitudes, cultures and races. I wanted everyone to feel included. That is the real reason I made this line.”
I am SO excited about the launch of Rihanna’s beauty line, Fenty Beauty. What’s great about this makeup brand is that it promotes diversity, and it is a great resource for women of color. People of color are often overlooked by the makeup industry. It is really hard for women with darker skin to find a shade that will match, and after seeing 40 beauty gurus try Rihanna’s 40 shades, your mind will be blown by how diverse her products really are.
Shop Fenty Beauty:
All images via Fenty Beauty
The celebrated pop star didn’t just slap her name on a product and upcharge it to sell her brand. Instead she worked incredibly hard to address problem within the beauty that affected many women like herself.
“I wanted things that I love, Then I also wanted things that girls of all skin tones could fall in love with. In every product I was like, ‘There needs to be something for a dark-skinned girl; there needs to be something for a really pale girl; there needs to be something in-between.’ There’s red undertones, green undertones, blue undertones, pink undertones, yellow undertones—you never know, so you want people to appreciate the product and not feel like: ‘Oh that’s cute, but it only looks good on her.’” – Rihanna, via Refinery29
She is doing what no other makeup brands have done before (well they may have apathetically attempted, but never succeed), which is getting women of all races and backgrounds excited about the same product. I have to say it again – 40 SHADES, LADIES! Just look at the shade spectrum.
When was the last time you were in Sephora and saw a white woman, a mixed woman, and a black woman holding the same brand of foundation all saying, “Finally a color match!”
Here is a breakdown of the F-A-C-T-S. Some of these facts may blow your mind, but with this recent makeup launch I know anything is possible. That’s what we call breaking down barriers 😉
1. Rihanna has been working on her Fenty Beauty line since 2016. That’s an entire year of production, testing and creation. Clearly Rihanna wanted something special and not a get-rich-quick quick formula to sell.
2. The Fenty Beauty Instagram account confirmed that the products are cruelty-free.
3. She signed a deal with the Kendo division of LVMH, which also produces Marc Jacobs Beauty and Kat Von D Cosmetics. Loving that she fueled her passion with credibility – that her products will be above and beyond quality. I wouldn’t explect anything less from RiRi.
4. Shocker – Fenty is Rihanna’s real last name. Her full name is Robyn “Rihanna” Fenty.
5. Several of the octagon-shaped products contain magnets in the packaging, so when connected they create a honeycomb shape, ensuring that everything product sticks together.
6. There was such demand for Fenty Beauty that the entire selection of the darkest shades immediately sold out. Not only are darker skinned people celebrating this line, but albino beauty lovers adore it also!
7. The face of Fenty is model muse Duckie Thot. She is on the very end of the Fenty Beauty shade spectrum, and would probably never be a muse to promote a makeup brand if it weren’t for this inclusive and diverse beauty line.
When you have a team dedicated to discovering and creating colors that will compliment all shades across the spectrum, you can only expect the best outcome. With a great range of products for an initial launch; there are 40 shades of foundation, multiple highlighting stix, and contouring stix that come in so many customizable variations. I’ve got my eye on the Linen, Amber, Starstruck set because I’ve been looking for a really light highlighter glow.
In total there are 91 different variations of Fenty Beauty products available for purchase. I can’t wait to try out the foundation and highlighter, which I am ordering this weekend. Below you can browse the entire collection and I suggest you act quickly since it is clearly in high demand and selling out fast. One last note – three cheers for Rihanna for making such a fabulous makeup brand than women of all colors can celebrate. You the real MVP, RiRi.
**Oh and guess what? Rihanna just announced a new Holiday Collection that will be released Oct 13th, 2017! Scroll to the bottom to see the promo!