Three cheers for botox! Getting preventative botox with Allen Gabriel MD is my new favorite beauty hack. I have received two preventative botox treatments with Allen Gabriel MD team member Maci. I also received an incredibly hydrating and skin-clearing HyrdaFacial from Audrey earlier this year! In this post I am sharing my experience getting preventative botox.
Thank you Allen Gabriel MD for sponsoring this post!
My 28th birthday is coming up soon so I need to start paying close attention to my skin as my body and hormones change. As we get older we lose elasticity and collagen in our skin. That means as we age, and as our faces make repetitive motions, wrinkles start to appear. This is why preventative botox is important. Botox is used to retrain facial muscles to relax and not overwork themselves. It also improves facial posture, which can cause wrinkles. People develop wrinkles because, over time, skin weakens and can’t effectively bounce back from the folding caused by laughing, smiling, frowning, and all the other motions your face makes on a regular basis.
Allen Gabriel MD offers botox at $12 per unit. The overall cost for preventative botox depends on the person, including anatomy and muscle strength. In this treatment I received 76 units of botox. We targeted 16 units for the glabella (between the brows), 16 units for the crow’s feet, 12 units for the forehead and 30 units for the masseters (jaw muscles – for my TMJ). After two weeks your skin looks baby soft and shiny – love it! My forehead wrinkle disappears so quickly! When I had fresh botox for the first few weeks I could barely raise my eyebrows or show expression on my forehead. I know that sounds intense, but it didn’t feel any different and my face didn’t feel frozen. I just couldn’t get in the repetitive bad habit of raising my eyebrows, which in turn deepens my forehead wrinkle. Botox really just tells your face to chill. I honestly like the way it feels, and I can see how it has helped my skin stay glowing and youthful. I’m trying to ride that train for as long as I can, so being preventative is the best thing I can do. I don’t want my wrinkles and fine lines to become defined. I don’t want to feel stuck trying to come up with a way to get rid of them years too late – so I’m going to stop them before they are here to stay forever. Or at least keep them at bay for as long as I can!
I really love these quotes by Dr. Gary Goldenberg and Dr. Doris Day about preventative botox. Goldenberg breaks down why botox sounds sketchy, but in fact it is well researched and backed by results. He explains, “The idea of injecting something into your face sounds a little freaky, but experts say it’s safe. Botox is the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure worldwide and has a stellar safety record for prevention and treatment of wrinkles and lines.” Dr. Doris Day agrees. She explains, “I believe personally that these are the safest drugs known to mankind,” she says. “We know down to the molecule how they work. Starting Botox in your 20’s or 30’s doesn’t mean you’re going to be hooked on injectables for the rest of your life. Ideally, patients come back less and less often over time. Some people may need a touch-up after four months, while others may not need to come back for a year or even less often.”
My 5 favorite things about Allen Gabriel MD:
- They educate you on the process. I went into botox knowing everything that was going to happen. Before I decided to get botox I had to think if it was right for me. All of my questions and concerns were addressed, and I felt completely comfortable during the entire treatment. No beauty ideal was forced, and the staff definitely know what they are doing when it comes to injections and customizing to your needs, skin type, and desired results. Also, training and experience is key. I highly recommend seeing Maci!
- The office is sanitary and meets Covid-19 guidelines. In this crazy 2020 world I just feel like you have to mention this one by default. Being a medical and surgical environment, the office takes the word immaculate to a new level. I always love the Tiffany’s blue on the front office wall. It is the signature color of Dr. Allen Gabriel. When you see that teal blue when you walk in you know you are about to be spoiled!
- The staff make you feel comfortable and at home. Everyone at the office is so nice. Sometimes sitting in the waiting room in medical environments can be awkward, especially if there’s a long wait involved. Whenever I go to see the Allen Gabriel team they are always quick, attentive, and it’s never awkward. They really do make an effort to get to know their patients and make them feel comfortable. They are a med spa and perform plastic surgery, so they are amazing at making a bond and establishing trust with their patients. That is so important!
- This is one of the most important factors for me! Maci’s knowledge of anatomy and facial muscles is impressive! This why I prefer a med spa with a team that does surgeries – you know they know their stuff. The way she explains each muscle and why it needs a “sprinkle of botox” made me feel so comfortable and reassured. She tells you about each area of the face, the muscles, the effects, how to achieve desired results and the honest truth; for example: when asking about a certain area she explained that I was looking for filler, not botox.
- Another great thing about the Allen Gabriel team is that you are able to follow-up with any questions, concerns or progress. Once you step in the office you are part of the family, and they care about your results! They are in the business of confidence building. It is so inspiring to follow the @AllenGabrielMD Instagram page and to see how many people they have helped, as well as seeing the state-of-the-art training and med spa technology.