No fall season is complete without a fun, edible DIY project! I wanted to share my recipe for the quickest and easiest treats during this Halloween season – candy apple pops. This is the perfect treat for a date night with your loved one, fun with the family, or for hosting a Halloween party. Seriously, this project takes about 30 minutes total and will wield you with the yummiest treats of the season. Not to mention everyone will think you’re a master chef. I had a fun time making these with my fiancé, Scott, who just got back from a training cycle in Louisiana. We were supposed to make them last night but he ate all of the candy corn and Reese’s. Honestly I can’t blame him because if I was stuck in the woods eating MRE’s (google it, I dare you) I would go HAM on some candy too! Below I have listed out what you need for this project and a step-by-step process on how to make these. I’d love to see you mix and match ingredients for your family! For example, you can try using gummy worms or Oreos!
What you need:
- A variety of candy – I bought Candy Corn, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Milky Ways, Snickers and Reese’s.
- Popsicle sticks
- Red and Green apples
- Sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- A jar of caramel
- Chocolate syrup or jared chocolate (or melted down chocolate)
Steps to make candy apples:
- Cut apples into slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Take the sharp knife and at the bottom of the apple make a small incision where you will stick the popsicle sticks.
- Put popsicle sticks in each apple.
- Lay apples out on a cutting board neatly.
- Carefully drizzle caramel over the apples.
- Repeat with chocolate.
- Take a small bowl to smash the candy (not candy corn) into pieces. I suggest doing it brand by brand, making a Twix apple, Milky Way apple, etc.
- Sprinkle smashed candy on to the apples and load them with additional bars of candy.
- Stick the apples (still on cutting board) in the freezer or refrigerator for about 15 minutes so the caramel and chocolate harden.