Five Fabulous Steps to Achieve the Perfect Holiday Style
The holiday season is almost upon us and I could not be more excited! One of my favorite things about the holidays is dressing up for a special evening with my family. As a little girl my mother always made it a point to dress me up every holiday in a cute little dress. I still try to continue that formality during the holidays by dressing up in my best of the best! This holiday season I teamed up with the fabulous store DownEast Basics to share the perfect holiday outfit. This look is great for either Christmas or Thanksgiving and the red tones add the perfect amount of holiday cheer to the look. DownEast Basics is the best place to shop for your new favorite blouse or to create the ultimate layered look with their cozy and comfortable knits and t-shirts. Their affordable, fun and modest styles really suit me!
I love this combo of the crimson blouse and the pleated skirt. The red and black details in the skirt really pull the entire look together without looking too matchy-matchy. DownEast Basics’ cheerful take on these classic styles make styling a holiday outfit easy. I styled this look with my pair of Mary Jane pumps. They are such an innocent style of shoe, but this modern design makes them incredibly chic! Whether you are hosting a holiday party, if you’re a guest at Grandma’s, or simply just there to eat all of the food, you can rely on DownEast Basics to find the perfect holiday outfit! Below I have prepared 5 tips on how to achieve the perfect holiday style this season.
1. Color Coordination – Try to find a solid colored top and pair it with a skirt, pants, shoes, or bag that have a hint of the same color. During the holiday season we see a lot of red, green and sparkle. Try to style your outfit around the colors of the holiday season, but don’t go overboard – you don’t want to look like a crazy blinking Christmas tree! This red DownEast Basics blouse I styled in this look will be PERFECT for any holiday party. Styled with the skirt, the color coordination is so effortless.
2. Put A Bow On It – Styling a pussybow blouse is such a sweet way to celebrate the holidays. I especially love this style of blouse and according to my previous styled post, the bow will be a hot ticket this season! There’s just something so magical about the bow at the neckline. When I wear my DownEast Basics red bow blouse I really do feel like Mrs. Clause!
3. A Full Skirt – I love the A-line skirts because they are not only modest enough go to Church in, but they are also extremely comfortable to wear after a large meal. Oh, and they are fun to dance and twirl in!! This skirt checks off three boxes of holiday fun! Style your full skirt with a pussy bow blouse for the cutest holiday look.
4. Lip Color – I know we all love leaving kissy marks on our cute little cousins!! A bright pop of red lips is the perfect way to tie together your holiday outfit. Also try a matte burgundy for a more subtle look, or a dark lip for new years! I’m loving these colors: Meet Matt(e) Hughes in Dedication and the Urban Decay Vice Vintage Lipstick Collection in Bruise!
5. Holiday-Themed Nail Art – This season try turning your nails into little Christmas trees, candy canes, holiday lights or get a pretty snowflake design! This is such a cute way to add some quirky holiday cheer to your look. I am a huge fan of nail art whether you are DIYing it or getting a professional design on your nails, nail art is the perfect festive touch to your look!
Thank you DownEast Basics for sponsoring this post!