I’ve been very inspired by astronomy as of late. From the Academy Award winning film, Gravity, to recent galactic magazine editorials, the fascinating studies of galaxies and space provide endless inspiration. Not to mention, 93% of the mass in our body is stardust (x).
In my opinion, if you don’t believe in aliens, YOU are the crazy one. I am always wondering about the mysterious stars, planets and moons. It reminds me if something my old professor said. We used to talk about anything from ancient civilizations to shamanism. He said, “If stars weren’t so important, the why did old philosophers and scientists dedicate their lives to study them?”
1. Julia Nobis in “Lost in Cyberspace" for W Magazine March 2014 photographed by Steven Meisel
2. NGC 1300, a barred spiral galaxy about 61 million light-years away.
3. Enra, a dance that combines elements of dance, performance art, music, technology and light
4. Iris Van Herpen BIOPIRACY
5. Lindsey Wixson for CR Fashion Book photographed by Sebastian Faena
7. Aurora Borealis
8. Givenchy by Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 1999
9. Naomi Campbell for Soon International #16 Fall 2011
10. Magdalena Frackowiak in “Metallic Moment" for Harper’s Bazaar photographed by Peter Lindbergh