Let’s all be honest here for a second. We all look at the gorgeous maxi dresses hanging in the store, and what do we do? We sort through them quickly and walk right by them. Maxi’s can be intimidating because that’s A LOT of fabric, but hey – they make for killer looks and quite often the dress itself can make the entire outfit! I think a lot of people ignore maxi dresses because they are more work to try on than other pieces of clothing. I dare you next time you’re shopping to grab that maxi!! By the way – who else dresses for shopping, wearing clothes you can easily strip down from just to try things on in the changing room? Guilty as charged!
Having a wide variety of maxi dresses should be a few staples in your wardrobe. As I mentioned before you can throw on your maxi dress and voilà you have an outfit. They are so easy for summer and they look so chic. I styled this maxi dress with a vintage Coach ‘Dinky’ purse, some amazing slide on’s that I scored from Aldo for $25, a lightweight cardigan that I’ve owned for years, and some of my favorite casual sunglasses by Smith.
I am such a huge fan of this Banana Republic maxi dress because it is so incredibly comfortable. It’s easy to move around in, and in addition the pattern is just so lovely. The orchid floral pattern with pink highlights give you so many styling options! I opted for a more casual look since I was visiting my parents at their new home in Johnson City, TN. The vibe there is very laid back and very country. But just because you are visiting somewhere rural doesn’t mean your style has to suffer! I love that I can easily transition this look into city-chic with a pair of strappy heels and a pop-of-pink purse. Maxi dresses are essential for any fashion-lover and if I haven’t convinced you why you need one yet, just give me one more chance, well five!
I want to break down 5 reasons why you need a floral maxi dress in your life!
- Maxi dresses flatter all body types. Seriously though, I don’t think anyone can look bad in a maxi dress. They elongate your legs and torso and don’t hug the body so you can move confidently!
- Florals are fun! Adding florals to a maxi dress make them even more flattering and slimming. Patterns are perfect for helping shape your silhouette and why not keep it flirty and cute with a fun floral print?
- Maxi dresses are both elegant and sophisticated. They aren’t tiny little dresses or rompers that show it all, you can still be cool and cute this summer without letting it all hang out!
- You can wear them to work. As mentioned in my previous post, I love Banana Republic because they have mastered workwear style. In this look I kept it casual, bit I could always dress it up a little for a day in the office!
- They are staples for any summer event! If you want to dress up, but not be too dressy, then a maxi is the perfect option for you. They are just so easy and carefree. You can do anything and everything in a maxi dress, while looking incredibly fabulous!
Thank you Banana Republic for sponsoring this post!