This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreThanAMom #CollectiveBias
The older I get, the more I realize what a wonderful holiday Mother’s Day is. As if I need any more reasons to spoil my mom, when I look back at my life and see all the opportunities she gave me I feel forever indebted to her – she did bring me to this world after all! This Mother’s Day I’ve teamed up with AAFES and American Greetings to show you exactly how to spoil your mother on her special day. But let’s not forget the other special mothers in our lives such as our sisters, wives, friends, aunts and grandmas too!
At the end of May, my parents are selling their their home (my childhood home) in Cambridge, Massachusetts and they are moving to Johnson City, TN. While I’m upset that they are moving out of Boston, I still have my entire family there and many friends whom I consider a second family. I’m actually headed up north here in a few weeks and I can’t wait to be home! I am excited that my parents will be 4 hours away instead of 16, and it doesn’t hurt that they are an hour away from Asheville, NC!
One of the downsides of living far away from your parents is the distance, but the positive is care packages! As a military spouse who’s husband is deployed, I’ve become a master at care packages. One of my favorite places to shop for all my care-package essentials is Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). I love how easily-accessible everything is in the store, and I love even more the American Greetings display they have right in the card/crafting section of the store.
Every mother deserves to be spoiled on this special day! I bought presents for my mom: a few of my favorite candles, a necklace and a beautiful card, and for my mother-in-law I bought some hand-painted gardening pots. I tried to stick to my own girly self so my mothers know exactly who the package came from as soon as opening it. I couldn’t go wrong with American Greetings fun polka-dotted gift wrap and the beautiful tissue paper that makes the perfect stuffing for packages that are making the long haul across states. The two American Greetings cards have to be my favorite part, I love the 3-D aspect of the cards and the design is impeccable! American Greetings has the perfect Mother’s Day card for every mom! Below, I am breaking down 5 essential steps for rocking Mother’s Day and sending the best gift to your mother:
- Supplies – Make sure have all of your essentials such as boxes, scissors, and crafting materials.
- Get Crafty – Customize your care package to the person, it’s always fun to add some personality to your care packages so the person receiving gets a small dose of yourself!
- Reverse Present – Line the inside of the box with wrapping paper to give it more of a pop! Since you can’t wrap the outside of a package it’s kind of like a reverse present with the wrapping paper inside!
- Add the “Fluff” – Securely place your presents in the box and fill in all the empty spaces with tissue paper. Make sure you put enough so the items aren’t moving and banging around. Tissue paper makes a great filler and adds to the reverse present aspect of the package!
- Tape It – Coming from a care package pro, there’s nothing more important than securing your package. There’s also no such thing as too much tape! 😉 You don’t want your package to look like a mess when it arrives so step 4 and 5 are very important!
I highly suggest stopping at AAFES for your Mother’s Day needs, and to make things easier for you there will be a card promotion for “Buy 3 cards, Save $2” from 4/17 – 5/14! For more inspiring Mother’s day gift ideas, and to take a look at their card options, check out this site!